Thursday 10 February 2011

Singing In A Band. Talking To The Man(TM)

My cousin was diagnosed with cancer three weeks ago and is going through the first heavy, five day dose of chemotherapy. It's in his chest but not in his brain. He's 34 and built like an out house with a lust for life despite supporting Millwall. He lost his sister to Leukaemia when she was 11, she'd been sick for some years. I can't think what he, his mum and dad are going through. Absolutely fucking horrible.

I'm no expert, on anything, but I believe hope comes from many things and if someone wishes to believe in something "up there" far be it from me to point, laugh, mock or vilify their beliefs. Extremists, they're all arseholes no matter what side they follow.

Parades where I'm from are small collections of shops that haven't really changed since the 1970s when the new estate was built. This isn't about a small parade of shops. Damn funky though.


No comments:

Post a Comment