Sunday 20 February 2011

I'm Not Going Lie To Myself So Please Don't Talk About My Age




If anything is going to knock some sense into my alcohol addled head it's Dr Phibes & The House of Wax Equations. Same again next weekend? Go on then.

Oh and here's the source material all uploaded by some kind soul. Bit to scary for the boy on a Sunday afternoon. Obviously when I was his age the Second World war was in full "swing" or so my brother and I believed having a dad who had been in the Med in 44/45, Uncle Ray in the Baltic convoys with two other uncles killed in Italy. That, the Action Men, Sunday afternoon war films and comics were enough to fool any child into thinking that the dirty hun were going to come over the garden wall at any moment.

Me and my dad were actually in more danger from my brother who decided that a 4 year old me being able to tree climb higher than him was an afront to his dignity, pushing me out of the tree, knocking me out and running in to our post first heart attack dad shouting "Dad! Dad! I've just killed Edmund!". Tell that to kids today and they'll have you on the list before you can say "it was doll without a willy".

No comments:

Post a Comment